Dukes have been involved in all earthmoving operations for more than 40 years, specialising in all civils works including but not limited to Subdivisions, road works, bulk earthworks and detailed final trim.
The capabilities that we offer to our clients are varied and comprehensive, including all aspects of excavation, civil engineering construction and remediation. We pride ourselves on providing our diverse client base with beginning-to-end solutions. We work in harmony with our clients, providing a tailored service and value-add solutions that nurture the most complex projects to completion, on time and on budget.
We are proud of our culture, our commitment to safety and the service that we provide to our clients.
We contract for work as the primary contractor in the majority of cases, accepting full responsibility. When necessary we work as a subcontractor to other reliable primary contractors.
Dukes are committed to providing a quality service to our clients and developing long-term relationships to ensure the best outcomes for our clients, and our company.
Every attempt is made to represent the client in the best possible manner. We have an extremely healthy relationship with our clients and strive to achieve personalised service and value for money.
Our plant operators and fitters, some of which have been with our company over 27 years, are all very experienced and well trained for safe work practices in any operation.
Our employees are the core of our success and our success is reliant upon the excellence of our employees
We believe there is no better proof of a promise for excellence than a project that demonstrates the integrity of its contractor and its people. What we do for a living is not especially unique. What is unique is our commitment to honesty, decency, concern, timeliness and craftsmanship.
We strive to deliver ideal outcomes for our clients. Our technical and managerial experience ensures that our works are carried out within the limits of the specification and in accordance with the design, with a commitment to finishing on time and within budget. We pride ourselves on understanding our clients’ needs and fostering a close relationship through the entire construction process.
We are committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for all employees, contractors, sub-contractors and visitors via the planning, implementation, measurement and evaluation, review and improvement and continual improvement of Workplace Health and Safety, Environment and Quality (WHSEQ) Management System at all sites at which we are contracted to work.
Only the Best
Dedicated to your success
- Civil engineering construction
- Civil works for Energy Australia at Mount Piper Power Station
- Major and minor road and highway upgrades
- Land developers
- Councils and Government
- Land and soil conservation
- Open cut coal and gold mining
- Hard rock quarry
- Contractual and wet and dry plant hire surface mining work
- Wet and dry plant hire for Roads and Maritime Services
Joint Quality, Health and Safety and Environmental Policy
The Company policy is to:
- Work profitably with all our clients
- Work with all our clients in an ethical and legal manner with written contract agreements,
- Deliver our projects to clients on time and on budget with the intention of satisfying the expectations of the client,
- Maintain a level of customer focus with the public that the clients and authorities would be expected to provide themselves,
- Provide evidence when requested, that all works have been constructed in accordance with the contract specified requirements,
- Use toolbox meetings with employees and the client with the aim of working safely and without damage to the environment on all projects,
- Use professional advice where necessary to ensure that our company satisfies the legal requirements of the Health and Safety and Environmental Protection Acts and other legislation or legal requirements covering the projects we work on.
Our objectives are to:
- Maintain our Prequalification Status with the clients we work with,
- Maintain or target an increase in profit each year by reducing rework and minimising waste in all processes,
- Keep up with technology, plant and equipment changes,
- Target annually an improvement in staff and employee’s competency by training,
- Provide a level of quality in our work, that is not less than that specified within the contract, and aims to meet the client’s expectations,
- Have zero workplace notifiable incidents and less lost time injuries than is annually targeted by the company,
- Have zero reportable environmental breaches. Not to increase any form of pollution in the vicinity of the project. Work with the client to improve where possible the environmental integrity of the area we are working in.
- Ensure our suppliers and subcontractors operate with the same objectives in mind,
- Strive for continued improvement of service delivery through reviews and measurement of defects notices.
We can achieve our objectives by having a suitable trained, competent and committed workforce who know and understand the company objectives and operations of our Management System. We use Defect, Suggestion and Complaint Report forms to investigate and recommend business improvements.
We use a prepared management review agenda to set targets and review our objectives at regular intervals determined by the manager.
Working for you
- Quality work
- Developing long-term relationships
- Ensuring customer satisfaction
- Personalised service
- Value for money
- Safe work practices
- Qualified, competent operators
- Producing minimal defects and reworks
- Fit for purpose outcomes
- Delivery on time and budget
- Meeting expectations
The Directors have ultimate responsibility for the company and its operation. The Directors appoint a Manager to run the business.
The Manager is responsible for:
- Preparation and review of quotes and tenders. Final review and negotiation of the contract or order if successful
- Signing contracts and agreements
- Assessing subcontractors’ and suppliers’ ability to meet our needs for the contract works
- Appointing subcontractors, purchasing suppliers’ consultants and employment of staff
- Authorise the subcontract or supplier order,
- Appointing Foremen and Site Safety Officers to run projects.
- Programming and coordinating work and resources
- Review the Integrated Management System (IMS) documents including forms for issue and use
- Authorise all the Integrated Management System (IMS) documents including forms for issue and use
- Preparation of the Project Management Plan (PMP) and appropriate Inspection & Test Plans (ITP’S) for designated projects.
- WH&S risk analysis and preparation of safety instructions or work method statements in the PMP for designated projects prior to commencing work,
- Environmental impact analysis and preparation of environmental instructions or action statements in the PMP for designated projects prior to commencing work,
- Audits/surveillance of subcontractors’ and suppliers’ work and management systems.
- Induction and assessment of competency of all new employees or subcontractors.
The Quality Manager is responsible to ensure that:
- The requirements of AS/NZSISO 9001, ISO 14001, AS/NZS 4801, AS/NZS 4804, that are required to satisfy the CCF Civil Construction Management Code 2000 are met in the Integrated Management System (IMS) documentation
- The IMS is understood, implemented and maintained by staff. This is achieved through reviewing all aspects of the system on a regular basis
- Where tasks relating to the maintenance of documentation, files, forms and other records are transferred to the Administration Officer or others, these tasks are understood and carried out satisfactorily
- The internal review process is scheduled, coordinated and carried out in an appropriate and independent manner.
- Reports are presented to the management Review on the effectiveness of the application of the IMS in our business
- All defect reports are investigated rectified and if necessary, referred to the business improvement process
The Administration Officer is responsible to ensure that:
- The IMS is maintained and all documents and folders are filed stored or archived in a suitable manner allowing them to be readily retrieved when required,
- All calculations and records of employee’s wages and payments are kept,
- The Quality Manager has sufficient support from the Administration Officer to satisfy his responsibilities in the application of the IMS,
- Records of completed projects are kept together and filed in an acceptable manner for the required contract period after completion,
- Subscriptions and names on industry databases are maintained to enable the company to receive current and relevant information relating to the regulations and its legal and contractual responsibilities.
Looking to the future
- Maintaining qualifications
- Ongoing plant and equipment upgrades
- Embracing technology
- Personnel training and development
- Environmentally focused
- Standards compliant
- Conservation aware
- Service level review and measurement
- Meeting legislative requirements
- Systems constantly monitored for improvement
Our operations are controlled by:
Managing Director: Allan Dukes
Allan Dukes Earthmoving, Civil Engineering and Open Cut Mining with over 35 years’ experience. In business for past 51 years.
Operations Manager: Wayne Dukes
Trades qualified in Mechanical Engineering. Workcover accredited in other issues such as WH&S, Environmental Procedures for Civil works, Integrated Management Systems trained. Wayne has project managed, Earthmoving, Civil Engineering and Open Cut Mining with over 21 years’ experience.
Administration and Office Duties
This is very competently carried out by our Office Manager, Sharon Giles. We use the MYOB system which suits our business very well.
Our workshop is managed by Paul Preston who has been employed by Dukes for the past 19 years. Paul has excellent management skill and organizes our workshop very well. Paul’s qualifications include Boilermaker, Welder, Fabricator and painter along with being a very experienced fitter.
Our operators are all certainly well experienced and all have been trained in first aid, fire protection, traffic control and are environmentally conscious. All having the required licences etc. Most of the operators have been with Dukes for over 15 years.
Dukes Earthmoving Pty Ltd is located on the outskirts of Lithgow, NSW Australia and employs local personnel and is committed to providing outstanding quality service and delivery of projects on time.